MOTTO: “Rise and progress”
FORMATION OF YGOA:
The Yimchunger government servants did not have any gazetted officers’ forum or association till the early 2000 AD. In the mid 1960’s, a group of 115 Yimchunger UGs from the Yimchunger Region surrendered to the government of India led by late K.M Caming and P. Thsamphu and formed the 1 NAP Bn at Chumukedima: they began formation of Yimchunger Service Union (YSU) – to look after and tend to the welfare and needs of the members of the union. The union was confined to those members serving in Chumukedima. The union was nondescript and performed limited functions. However, it served its purpose by uniting and cementing the Yimchunger people living in Chumukedima those formative years. The union existed for many years and outlived its purpose when the more – numerical Yimchunger people residing at Chumukedima decided to rename it to Yimchunger Arih Ako Chumukedima (YAC), which functions till today.
Therefore, the idea, concept and desire to form the Yimchunger Gazetted Officers’ Association was mooted, formulated and given credence to hoist its maiden gathering in the year 1995 at Shamatore by few Yimchunger Officers led by late Dr Akiuba M O Shamatore, Keozih CDPO Shamatore, Richard Yimto SDPO/Coy Commander Shamatore and Z.Z Yimchunger MTO Police. However, due to in-attendance and apathy of the rest Yimchunger Officers serving then, the proposed gathering was cancelled. Thereafter, for so many years the serving Yimchunger gazetted officers did not claim to have its union being formed.
It was only in 2006, late Akhum BDO with few of his colleague officers from the Yimchunger community re-ignited and infused with zeal formed the Yimchunger Gazetted Officers’ Association; which thereafter survived as on date, although the conference/meeting/gathering was and is held intermittently. As on date the YGOA’s record show holding of more than 120 Gazetted Officers – past and present.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- The YGOA is formed by members of the Yimchunger Gazetted Officers.
- Focus to protect the rights, interest and welfare of the YGOA members.
- Aim to foster unity, oneness, camaderie and brotherhood of the members.
- Agree to support in possible matters whenever attendance, advice and other forms of assistance is sought by the YTC, YBBA, YAA, YWO and other frontal organizations.
- To represent in all meetings called by the government, and frontal organizations with regards to subject matters requiring the attention of the YGOA.
- As an organization of the elite, educated Yimchungers, YGOA envisages and encourages exemplary – acceptable character, good moral and uprightness of members for the younger generations to emulate.
- To express and remain in solidarity with the myriad problems of the Yimchunger tribe from within and without.
- To contribute and assist the tribe in whatever manner possible for the peace, progress, up – liftmen, development and growth in every sphere.
- Any other assistance and intervention of the YGOA sought that is not mentioned here above.
|Sl no||Name||Designation||Cell phone no|